LIFE INSURANCE CORPORATION OF INDIA understands its customer’s privacy and is committed to protecting personal information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, including information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Personal Information that we collect and hold / How we collect.
We may collect personal information in different forms available on the website as highlighted below:
- The use of our premium calculator requires personal information for the generation of policy quotations. The quotation is generated based on the information provided. The information provided may be used to contact prospective customers and generate internal reports for review of the premium calculator.
- Our “Contact” Us forms also collects personal information for review of enquiries on old and new policies as well as complaints and feedback provided by customers. Our contact us page is outreached for basic customer queries about our products and services, the forms would collect information that would allow us to reach our customers for current and prospective customer base and to attend to grievances.
- The Vacancies menu would also collect personal information when Vacancies are advertised and applications are done by respective candidates.
The information collected includes Name, Location, Address, Email, Date of Birth, Gender, Contact Details, Employment details and Education details.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, use, hold and disclose personal information to be able to provide the services. The below mentioned highlights how we use the personal information provided:
- To be able to check eligibility for our products and services and simultaneously provide support for our products and services.
- The details provided would help us better manage our products and services and conduct market reviews for better interventions in the market.
- Carry out research and analysis, including data analytics and analysis of our customer base; current and potential customers, this would allow us to review our products and services and outreach untouched insurance market.
- The details provided would help us contact you if and when required.
- Update you for any changes with terms and conditions or any other changes on the website or mobile app that we feel is important and needs to be conveyed to our customers.
- We at LICI treat your personal information or your use of the service as private and confidential and we do not distribute, edit or reveal it to any third parties except where it believes in good faith, such action is necessary to comply with the applicable legal and regulatory processes or to protect and defend the rights of other users or to enforce the terms of service which are binding on all the users of www.licifiji.com.
- Except where specifically agreed or necessary for operational or regulatory reasons, LICI will not send you any unsolicited information. If the user does not opt out, LICI may use any e-mail addresses of users to send occasional e-mails pertaining to the information on products and services. The user can nevertheless unsubscribe from receipt of such e-mails by following instructions therein or by communicating
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Comply with state recommended anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-terrorism laws as well as legal processes governing our operations.
- Resolve complaints, and update or handle the request for data correction.
- Process job applicants for current vacancies based on our criteria requirements.
Other ways we collect user data?
As the nature of collecting information through online forms/ and viewing of the website and mobile apps require electronic recordings, we will collect information via other related sources as and when you visit our website.
These sources and other information would include:
- Frequency of visits along with date and timestamp. The website would collect such information for internal review of the website which would allow us for enhancements of our website.
- pages visited and navigated. Website reporting tools.
- User’s geographical location. Location data would help us gauge the outreach of our website.
- how users navigate through the site and interact with pages (including fields completed in forms and applications completed). This information would help us to understand how users navigate the website and if there is a requirement for changes to avoid multiple page jumps.
- information about the device used to visit our website.
- IP addresses of the user. IP address helps us for the security of our website and improvements of the website.
- App usage data and Browser information. Things such as browser versions and search tools are reviewed for future improvements.
- Cookie’s data. Cookies are files with a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Service Providers/ Third Party Involvements
To accommodate and upgrade our services, we may employ third-party companies and persons due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our website users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The motive is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your personal information and thank you for your trust in providing sensitive information for better management of our website. The information provided is treated confidentially and is used for internal reports or to provide the necessary services via our website.
If you feel there is a privacy breach from us or your personal information is being handled improperly, please contact us.
- Call us on: – 3314011/ 7733330/ 8022469
- visiting our Head Office or Branch Offices
- write to us at GPO Box 266, Suva, Fiji or firstname.lastname@example.org